You may have had such a wonderful time on a first date or just want to let someone you care for know you are thinking of them by wishing them sweet dreams tonight.
A good night text is a simple way to finish the day while keeping your connection alive.
This is not something that needs to be overthought.
The goal is to have her think of you at the end of the day as well as gauge her interest based on her reply.
How to create the perfect good night message?
The perfect good night message is tailored to your personality and relationship with the girl you are texting.
You want to keep it sweet but also make sure it is flirty enough to let her know you are interested in more than friendship.
Think about how you usually text and try to channel that into your good night message.
If you are not used to texting, start with a simple good night and sweet dreams.
You can also add a little bit of humor to your good night text by referencing something from your day or making a joke.
If you feel extra bold, you can tell her what you enjoyed about your time together or what you look forward to next time.
If you are still unsure of the direction to take, use one of the classic good night text messages listed below.
Romantic good night text for her
With romantic goodnight texts, you want to let her know that you are a gentleman but also that this is more than a friendship.
Suppose you are already in a stage of the relationship where you are committed to each other. In that case, a romantic message is good since romance sometimes falls to the wayside as life gets in the way.
You can use good night texts as a way to keep the spark alive in your relationship.
Here are some romantic text message examples:
1. I hope you have sweet dreams tonight. I know I will because I get to dream about you.
2. I can’t wait to hold you in my arms again. Good night my love.
3. It was so wonderful spending time with you today. I can’t wait until tomorrow. Goodnight gorgeous.
4. You are the last thing on my mind before I close my eyes and the first thing on my mind when I open them. Goodnight.
5. I wish I could be there to tuck you in and kiss you goodnight. Sleep tight.
6. You are not here physically, but you are always present in my thoughts. Have pleasant dreams, babe.
7. Just lying here thinking of you. Good night, sleep tight.
Cute good night text messages for her
Cute good night messages are perfect if you want to keep things light and fun.
You can use good night texts as a way to be flirty without being too forward.
If you are not ready for something serious yet but want to let her know that you like her, then a good night text is perfect.
Cute goodnight texts also work well if you are not good with words and need some help expressing your feelings.
Use one of the examples below or put your own spin on it to create the perfect good night text for her.
Here are some cute good night message examples:
8. Sweet dreams, babe. Goodnight, my love.
9. Sending you tons of love and good vibes. Have a restful night.
10. Wishing you sweet dreams and a good night.
11. Sleep well. I’ll be dreaming of you. Goodnight, my love.
12. Good night to the most special girl in the world.
13. I hope your night is as pleasant as you are. GN
14. I’m off to dream of that sweet smile. Have wonderful dreams tonight, babe.
Classic good night text for her
Classic good night messages are perfect if you are unsure of the relationship status or want to take things slow.
You can use good night texts as a way to show your affection without being too forward.
Here are some classic good night text message examples:
15. Good night, sweet dreams. I’ll see you in the morning.
16. I had a great time today. Goodnight and sweet dreams.
17. Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you before bed. Good night.
18. Have lovely dreams tonight. See you soon.
19. I hope you have a peaceful sleep. I miss you.
20. I miss waking up to you. Have a good night.
21. Have a good night’s rest. Talk soon.
Good night love texts for her
When the feeling is mutual, a good night love text is an excellent way to make her feel special and remind her of what she means to you.
Here are some good night love text message examples:
22. I love you and I’ll dream of you tonight. Good night my sweetheart. 💘
23. I wish you were here with me so I could kiss you good night. Sleep well, sweet girl. I miss you.
24. I love you more than anything in the world. Good night. ❤️
25. Hey, my love. I’m about to fall asleep, but I just wanted to let you know that I love you and good night.
26. I can’t wait until the day when I can fall asleep next to you and wake up to your beautiful face. Until then, good night, my love.
27. Looking up at the peaceful night sky and seeing the stars always makes me think of you. Have a good night’s sleep, sweetheart. ✨
28. I will always love you to the moon and back. Good night my beautiful girl.
29. I hate falling asleep without you next to me. I love you.
30. Whenever I say good night to you, it’s like saying goodbye to a part of me. I love you. Good night babe.
31. I’ll never be able to fall asleep without thinking of you. Good night my love.
32. I love you so much. Good night. 💓
33. Goodnight beautiful. I love you.
Long distance good night texts for her
Whether it’s short-term or something, you are trying to make last. Long distance is hard, and good night texts are a way to feel close to each other even when apart.
Here are some long-distance goodnight text message examples:
34. Good night my beautiful girl. I hope you have sweet dreams of you and me being together again soon.
35. I wish you were here with me so I could hold you. You are such a sweet girl, and I miss you so much good night.
36. I hate being apart from you, but I’ll sweeten your dreams with kisses. Good night.
37. I miss falling asleep next to you tonight, but I’ll dream of us being together soon. Good night babe.
38. Tonight I’ll be looking up at the stars and dreaming of you. Have a restful sleep, babe. 💫
39. Good night, my sweet girl. I hope you have a good night’s sleep and pleasant dreams of us being together.
40. I hate being away from you, but I’ll be thinking of you tonight as I fall asleep. Good night darling.
41. Good night, sweetheart. I’ll be dreaming of you and counting the days until we’re together again. Good night.
42. Although we are apart, good night, my love. Know that I am thinking of you before I fall asleep goodnight.
43. The night feels incomplete without you here. Good night my lovely girl.
44. Hey, have sweet dreams of us being together soon. Good night.
45. As I look up, the stars bring thoughts of you and how much I wish you were here with me. Good night. 🌠
46. I hope you have a good night’s sleep and sweet dreams. Goodnight beautiful.
Sweet good night texts for her
Switching things up with a sweet good night text is always a good idea.
Here are some sweet good night text message examples:
47. I hope you have the best dreams tonight because you deserve them all. Goodnight, my lovely girl. ❤️
48. Good night, sleep tight. I’ll be thinking of you all night long as I dream of us being together.
49. My love for you is as strong as the coffee I need in the morning to wake up. I hope you have the sweetest dreams, babe.
50. I hope all your dreams come true tonight. Good night my beautiful girl.
51. As you dream tonight, I hope you have a sweet tooth because I’ll be sending you kisses in your sleep. Good night.
52. I hope your dreams are as lovely as you are. Good night babe.
53. Wishing you a good night and sweet dreams. Good night beautiful.
54. Very few people are as sweet as you. Good night my lovely girl. I hope your dreams are just as sweet good night. 💘
55. Goodnight to the most special girl in the world. I hope you have wonderful dreams of us good night.
56. Before you go to sleep tonight, know that you are loved. Good night darling.
57. I’m forever grateful for you. Good night my sweet lady.
58. I hope you have a lovely night and an unbelievable dream that comes true.
59. If you listen closely, you can hear my heart beating for you. Good night.
Flirty good night text for her
With flirty texts, you want to let her know that you are interested but also keep it light and fun.
You don’t want to come on too strong or be too forward in your flirty good night texts, but you also want to let her know that you’re thinking of her.
If in something serious, a good flirty text can spice things up and get you both thinking about each other in a more intimate way.
Here are some flirty good night text message examples:
60. Good night sweetheart. I’ll be dreaming of you and counting down the days until we’re together again.
61. You always look so beautiful even when you’re asleep. Good night.
62. We had a great date tonight, and I can’t wait to do it again. Good night.
63. I had a great time tonight and can’t wait to see you again. Good night.
64. You’re so beautiful that you made my night GN.
65. Good night gorgeous. I’ll be dreaming of you tonight. 💤
66. Since I can’t give you a goodnight kiss, I want you to know I miss you, GN.
67. Good night sexy. I’ll be thinking of you all night.
68. I can’t wait to see you again soon. Good night.
69. I know we just met, but I can’t stop thinking about you. Good night.
70. If I could, I would be with you all night long. Good night.
71. I wish you were here with me so I could hold you and kiss you goodnight.
72. You’re so beautiful, GN.
73. Goodnight, my queen. I’ll be dreaming of you all night. Good night.
74. I can’t wait to see you in that dress again. Good night.
75. Forget counting sheep tonight. You’ll be the only thing on my mind GN. 🐑
GIF good night messages for her
A good GIF can be an excellent way to switch up your text messages to her.
Whether you are trying to be simple, funny, flirty, cheesy, or romantic, a good GIF can help set the mood.
Here are some good night GIFs for her from tenor.com:
Good night text for her FAQ
Should I text her goodnight every night?
You should not text her every night since this can come across as needy or clingy.
Good night messages are meant to be special and not something you do every single night.
Doing anything too often will also lose value quickly.
You want things to have a spontaneous feel about them.
If it is not expected, it will be more appreciated and hold more weight in the long term.
It’s why you can tell your special lady she is beautiful every day, but the attractive guy that passes by and tells her once will probably make more of an impact.
It’s not that she doesn’t care and will likely notice if you stop.
It’s just that since it happens regularly that it is familiar and part of your daily routine.
How often should you send goodnight text messages?
You should send good night messages about 3 times a week. This allows your partner to feel loved but not too much where it is just routine.
You want to keep things fresh.
Sending goodnight texts sporadically will add an element of surprise and excitement.
But you don’t want to overthink this.
If you are missing your partner or just want her to know you are thinking about her, it is acceptable to send her a message if it is in your heart to do.
Or if you know she would appreciate it, then there is no harm in sending her goodnight messages more often.
Is texting goodnight flirty?
Generic good night text messages alone are not considered flirty. With texts, you have to be intentional in your message, so if you are not trying to be flirty, it likely won’t come across that way.
To make it flirty, you want to add in some lighthearted banter or an inside joke.
Use more specific words, like gorgeous, sexy, and beautiful, when you want to be flirty.
Also, it depends on the relationship.
If it is new and fresh with obvious attraction, it will likely come off flirty.
So, if you know that the girl is attracted to you, but it’s not reciprocated, then it’s best to stay away from late-night texting.
You want to avoid sending off the wrong message.
How do I spice up goodnight texts?
You can spice up goodnight texts by adding some lighthearted banter, an inside joke, or being more flirty.
Use specific words that pull her heartstrings, like my love, my world, my queen.
You want to make her feel special and let her know she is the only one on your mind before you sleep.
You can even include a picture if you want to get creative.
A nice picture of the two of you together is a good option when you want to add some spice to your messages.
A picture speaks louder than words, so sharing a picture of an experience you had that you know will bring those warm fuzzy feelings.
Maybe you took some selfies on a great first date, or you are newlyweds and share a picture from the wedding.
Your message should be personal to your relationship, so use what you know will work.
How do I say goodnight to make her smile?
The more you can personalize the message, the better your chances of making her smile.
Share a memory from a time when you were together or recall something funny that happened recently.
You could also say something sweet like, “I love you” or “I’m thinking of you.”
If you do this sparingly and not too often, there is a good chance that goodnight will become her favorite part of the day.
Another thing to consider is the type of relationship you have with her.
Almost anything you send will make her smile if it’s new and still in that exciting phase.
So if the relationship is at a point where you feel comfortable being a little cheesy, go for it!
You also can go wrong with adding a relevant GIF to your message.
GIFs are an excellent way to add some humor to your goodnight message and make her smile.
To sum it up, the best way to say goodnight and make her smile is to be personal, sweet, and maybe a little cheesy. Throw in a GIF for good measure, and you’re sure to win her over.
Whatever you do, make sure your texts come from the heart.